Morphological disorders of matures with congenital splits in the dento-maxilo-facial area. Biometric analysis and statistical analysis of study models


  • Victor BOBEICĂ USMF „N. Testemițanu”
  • Ion EȘANU USMF „N. Testemițanu”
  • Cristina POȘTARU USMF „N. Testemițanu”
  • Gheorghe GRANCIUC USMF „N. Testemițanu”



morphological disorders, dento-maxillofacial area, congenital splits, prevalence


Epidemilogical studies show that the prevalence of cleft lip and palate(DLP0 varies under the action of factors such as socio-economic status ,geographical location, racial backgroundss. In Europe, the average prevalence of DLMP is 0.62:1000. In 70% of cases DLP is non-syndromic, while the remaining 30% are syndromic. Researches in Republic of Moldova conducted Lupan I. (1991), Granciuc Gh. (1986-2022), Railean S. (2010-2022) [1-11] (in Romania, the prevalence at birthis approximately 1:800). 44 maxillary study of models were studied ,obtained from 22 patients with various forms of congenital cleft lip. The clinical deviations of adults with congenital clefts in the maxillofacial region and the severity of these discirders depend on the type of congenital pathology, the extent of the lesion and also the quality of the surgeries. A difference was established in the average dimensions of the dental arch and its deformation ,due to the post surgical sequelae of the unilateral and bilateral penetrating splitting of the upper lip, the alveolar process and the palate.

Author Biographies

Victor BOBEICĂ , USMF „N. Testemițanu”

doctorand; Catedra de Chirurgie oro-maxilo-facială pediatrică și pedodonție „Ion Lupan”

Ion EȘANU, USMF „N. Testemițanu”

asistent universitar; Catedra de Chirurgie oro-maxilo-facială pediatrică și pedodonție „Ion Lupan”

Cristina POȘTARU, USMF „N. Testemițanu”

dr. șt. med., asistent universitar; Catedra de Chirurgie oro-maxilo-facială pediatrică și pedodonție „Ion Lupan”

Gheorghe GRANCIUC, USMF „N. Testemițanu”

dr. hab. șt. med., conferențiar universitar.; Catedra de Chirurgie oro-maxilo-facială pediatrică și pedodonție „Ion Lupan”


Graber L, Vanarsdall R, Vig K. Orthodontics Current principles and Techniques, 5th edition, Elsevier. 2011;965-89.

Nicholls W. Dental anomalies in children with cleft lip and palate in Western Australia. European Journal of Dentistry. 2016

Burston WR. The early orthodontic treatment of cleft palate conditions. Dental Practice.1958

Blazer S, Naveh Y, Friedman A (1980) Foreign body in the airway. A review of 200 cases. Am J Dis Child 134(1): 68-71

Iverson DB, Caputo AA, Turley PK (2000) Response of headgear release mechanisms to non axial force application. Angle Orthod 70(5): 377-382

Loeffelbein DJ, Rau A, Wolff KD. Impression technique for monitoring and virtual treatment planning in nasoalveolar molding. The British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.

So LL. Effects of reverse headgear treatment on sagittal correction in girls born with unilateral complete cleft lip and cleft palate-skeletal and dental changes. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.

Polley JW, Figueroa AA. Management of severe maxillary deficiency in childhood and adolescence through distraction osteogenesis with an external, adjustable, rigid distraction device. The Journal of Craniofacial Surgery.

Marcusson A. Adult patients with treated complete cleft lip and palate. Methodological and clinical studies. Swed Dent J Suppl 2001;145:1– 57.

Carla A. Evans, Orthodontic treatment for patients with clefts Clin Plastic Surg 31 (2004;271–90).

Christos C. Vlachos. Orthodontic Treatment for the Cleft Palate Patient Seminars in Orthodontics, Vol 2, No 3 (September),1996:197-204.





Research Article